Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Holy Spirit is Alive Here

Traveling to Haiti has made a huge impact on my spiritual life. I had spoken to someone who had been here and they told me that you'll fall in love with the Haitian people. I think they were right. I have grown to love these people. Our village champion and translators are so nice and happy and make us feel like we're accepted and loved at all times. 

What stands out most in my mind and I will never forget is seeing so many children being held by our group. They would jump up and down wanting to be picked up or if we were sitting, they would crawl on our laps. They just wanted to be held and loved. I definitely felt the holy spirit alive here when we would pray with these lovely people.

-Steve Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment