Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bon Soir (greeting any time after 12:00 p.m.), Hopewell!

The team members agree that we're all in disbelief that we've come to our last day in Haiti.  To say that the time has flown is to understate.   So, I, personally, will come away with two words planted in my heart and in my soul:  "water" being the first(much more conversation to be had concerning water when we get back home.  Stay tuned) and "baggage" being the second.  

If you've read previous posts, you know the lost luggage/baggage story. That's become a wonderful part of Team Haiti’s 2014 story!  Then, in our women's bunk house last night, we spent considerable time sorting through all of the stuff we would be leaving here in Haiti- clothing, bedding, shoes and on.  Our physical baggage will be SO much less cumbersome when we fly home tomorrow!   

Though we will be coming home with burden on our hearts relative to the suffering and poverty we've seen this past week, we will surely come back a bit lighter, not just because of less in our suitcases, but because of the way our hearts are lifted in the HOPE and PROMISE that God has in store for the beautiful people of Haiti.  

Thank you for holding us in prayer, Hopewell.  

-Pastor Vicki Pry



All I can say regarding this trip to Haiti is that I am glad God sent me here. I knew very little about Haiti- - - and now I know a lot about the culture, the people, etc.  

No matter where you travel, poverty looks the same. Whether it is in South Africa, Haiti or the US, everyone seeks the same basic needs-food, water and shelter. As bad as things are in South Africa, it is worse here, with most having no electricity or running water. But regardless, they are happy people and they know Jesus.  

Hopefully, I made a difference with one single person while I was here. I know I leave with more than I came. 

God is indeed alive in Haiti!!

In Him,

-Dick Pry

No comments:

Post a Comment